FAIRIES AND DRAGONS - ART- ventures June 24th - 28th
Enter the fantasy world of imagination, where ART-venturers unleash their inner elves as they conjure up fire-breathing dragons, transform colorful clay into silly goblin masks, and create winged fairy or armored knight dolls.
Sculpt bedazzling unicorns with rainbow manes, design witch or wizard figurines, and build wooden fairy houses with real shells, stones, moss and more. Paint ceramic unicorn banks and create your own dragon or mermaid t-shirts! With the aid of some very magical potions and spells (i.e. materials and techniques), campers experience painting, drawing, stained glass, ceramic, fabric, and clay art.
Enjoy an enchanted week of two and three dimensional works of art! Storytelling is included in these fun, fantasy-filled art-ventures!
AMAZING FACES AND PLACES - ART- ventures Juy 22nd - 26th
Oh, the places we'll go! Art explorers travel to some pretty weird places while creating some wicked cool art forms dating back to when art began. Discover weird gargoyle faces and visit the amazing castles of Scotland.
Experience cave painting, fossil making, and bread dough miniatures. Make worry dolls and totem poles. Learn about Oaxacan alebrijes while designing T-shirts. Sculpt and paint colorful Mexican pots, make bark paintings, and create Haitian sequined banners. Fun facts about history and geography are included. This is our most creative and original ART-venture week!
With a dash of whimsy and a dollop of fun, we help art explorers think creatively about art and the amazing role it plays in our wonderful world!
• Provides unique and original art experiences using quality art materials
• Provides unique and original art experiences using quality art materials• Talented instructors encourage children’s creative spirit and imagination
• Inspires children to create art that is uniquely their own
• Fosters creativity through exposure to a variety of art tools, techniques and materials
• Programs include T-shirt creations and 2 or 3 awesome works of art each day
Bring: an over-sized old T-shirt to use as a smock, a nut-free snack and a drink each day.