Ski Sundown Middle & High School Program
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
The Ski/Snowboard program is scheduled for 5 Mondays in 2019: 1/7, 1/14, 1/28, 2/4 and 2/11. NO Skiing on January 21st.
When registering online you will be prompted to print out and complete Ski Sundown's and East Granby Parks and Recreation waiver forms.
These forms must be returned to the Parks and Recreation Department within 1 week of your online registration date (or by Friday, November 9th; whichever comes first) in order for your registration to be confirmed. Failure to return the signed forms will result in your child's place in the program being forfeited and your fee refunded.
Registration ends by November 9th or when all available spots are taken, whichever comes first. After Friday, November 9th there will be a $25.00 late fee charged by Ski Sundown.
Ski Sundown Waiver and East Granby Parks & Recreation waiver forms can be mailed to: East Granby Recreation Parks & Recreation, PO Box 1858 , East Granby, CT 06026 OR faxed to 860-413-3702 OR returned in person to the Parks & Recreation Office at 79 North Main Street, East Granby, CT 06026
Please read the following on registration, refunds, and our behavior policy. You must answer yes that you have read and understood the policies to proceed with this registration.
- REGISTRATION IS LIMITED.
- REFUNDS FOR BUS SEAT will be granted for medical reasons only (meaning child is unable to ski for remainder of trip schedule--doctor's note is required).
- SKI SUNDOWN'S REFUND POLICY: Full refund less $25.00 administrative fee will be given if request is made in writing and received by Ski Sundown from the group leader prior to January 2, 2019. No refunds or credits will be given after this date unless the protection policy criteria are met. The protection policy is added to your program and will reimburse the cost of your program on a prorated basis in the event of injury or illness that prevents your child's completion of the program. The illness or injury must be confirmed by a letter from a licensed physician, and the refund request must be received from the group leader prior to end of season. Program changes can be made at no charge up to the start of the program.
- SKI SUNDOWN CANCELLATIONS will be announced at the school on the day of the skiing and also via the email address that you use for this registration. Cancellation notice will also be on the eastgranbyrec.com website. If school is closed due to the weather conditions, skiing is cancelled. Make-ups will be rescheduled if approved by Ski Sundown.
- Every skier will be held responsible for his or her actions while at Ski Sundown. This includes behavior on the bus, skiing on the mountain, and socializing with friends in the bus area. All students must ride to and from Sundown on the buses provided.
- Any student found drinking or in possession of alcoholic beverages or a controlled substance, using vulgarities or skiing/snowboarding in a reckless manner will be dismissed from the program without a refund.
- Bus refunds are for medical reasons, or family relocation. Medical refunds must be confirmed by a letter from a licensed physician.
- Skiers are expected to follow the skier's responsibility code found in the handouts.
Additional Forms and Files: